Data processing automated vehicles overview
Autobrains Technologies Ltd. (“us“, “we“, “Autobrains” or “the Company“) provides solutions for the next generation of vehicles and mobility (the “Services“). We provide our customers (each, a “Customer“) solutions that deliver safer, superior performance at reduced energy usage and lower costs. The robust signature-based representation and unsupervised learning capabilities enable a more detailed, comprehensive and precise understanding and interpretation of the vehicle’s surroundings – in real time.
To accomplish this goal, we use cutting edge technology to collect data, including video recordings of the vehicle’s surrounding area, through our advanced driver-assistance system (“ADAS“) smart cameras.
These ADAS smart cameras are used to automatically detect and respond (e.g. avoid) to, for example, other cars, signs, stop lights, and road side users, which can also include individuals (“you“).
Collection and Storage of Your Personal Information
Personal Information is information that identifies an individual or that may, with reasonable effort, identify an individual.
As explained above, our vehicles are equipped with an ADAS smart cameras, which record the vehicle’s surrounding area. In order to provide comprehensive and precise understanding and interpretation of the vehicle’s surroundings, we may inadvertently collect and use the following types of Personal Information about you:
- Video recordings of individual road users (passing pedestrians and/or drivers)
- Vehicle license plates
- Geolocation data
To be clarified, our ADAS smart camera data is only used to categorize “traffic objects” as cars, motorcycles, pedestrians, etc’ and to further train our algorithms for this purpose, but it is not intended for the purpose of processing any personal information or to identify any particular individual.
Legal Basis for Processing
Our legal basis for collecting and using your Personal Information which may be included in our vehicles video recordings is the legitimate interest of Autobrains in developing and improving our Services which are designed to create solutions for better vehicular and traffic safety, and advanced autonomous driving solutions.
Additionally, we rely on the legitimate interest legal basis in processing such data for the purposes of protecting and securing our Services, for the exercise and defense of legal claims and to comply with legal obligations.
Where we rely on our legitimate interests to process your Personal Information, you have the right to object.
If you have any questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your Personal Information, please contact us through the contact details available below.
How We Use Personal Information?
In addition to the purposes listed herein, the Personal Information we collect is used for the following purposes:
- Development, Provision and Improvement of Service – we will use Personal Information for the development, provision and improvement of our Services such as for the purpose of training and improving our ADAS algorithms and smart cameras.
- Compliance with legal and regulatory requirements – we may use your Personal Information to investigate violations, and as required by law, regulation or other governmental authority, or to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process.
- Protecting our interests – we may use your Personal Information when we believe it’s necessary in order to take precautions against liabilities, investigate and defend ourselves against any third party claims or allegations, investigate and protect ourselves from fraud, protect the security or integrity of our Services and protect the rights and property of the Company, its Customers and/or partners.
With Whom Do We Share The Personal Information We Collect?
- Service providers: we work with service providers that work on our behalf that may need access to certain Personal Information in order to provide their services to us. These companies include those we have hired to provide various services, such as cloud storage.
- Mergers and acquisitions: we may share your Personal Information if we enter into a business transaction such as a merger, acquisition, reorganization, bankruptcy, or sale of some or all of our assets. Any party that acquires our assets as part of such a transaction may continue to use your data in accordance with the terms of this Policy. If we believe that such change in control might materially affect your Personal Information then stored with us, we will notify you of this event and the choices you may have via e-mail and/or prominent notice on our Services.
- Compliance with laws and law enforcement entities: we may disclose any data about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal procedures (including but not limited to subpoenas), required to comply with our legal obligations, to protect our or a third party’s property and rights, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop any activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being illegal. We also may be required to disclose an individual’s Personal Information in response to a lawful request by public authorities, including meeting national security or law enforcement requirements. We will only disclose the minimum amount of Personal Information that is required for compliance with such legal requirements.
Third-parties who we may share your Personal Information with will be required to meet our standards on processing information and security. The Personal Information we provide them will only be provided in connection with the performance of their function.
Certain jurisdictions provide individuals with certain statutory rights to their Personal Information. You may have the right to certain actions to your Personal Information such as:
- To receive confirmation as to whether or not Personal Information concerning you is being processed, and access your stored Personal Information, together with certain supplementary information.
- To receive Personal Information you directly volunteer to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- To request rectification of your Personal Information that is in our control.
- To request erasure of your Personal Information.
- To object to the processing of Personal Information by us.
- To request to restrict processing of your Personal Information by us.
However, please note that these rights are not absolute, and may be subject to our own legitimate interests and regulatory requirements.
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your Personal Information, you can contact us at the contact details available below.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are collecting or processing your Personal Information not in accordance with the laws, you can file a complaint to the applicable data protection authority.
For How Long Do We Retain the Personal Information We Collect?
We retain the information we collect (including any Personal Information which may inadvertently be collected) for as long as needed to achieve the purpose for which it was collected, namely to develop and operate our Services, and where applicable, to comply with our legal obligations or the achieve any other purpose of collection described herein.
Retention periods will be determined taking into account the type of the Personal Information that is collected and the purpose for which it is collected, bearing in mind the requirements applicable to the situation and the need to destroy outdated, unused Personal Information at the earliest reasonable time.
International Transfer (for EEA and UK residents)
Since we operate globally, it may be necessary to transfer data, including Personal Information, to countries outside the EEA or UK.
In these instances, we will transfer your Personal Information only to such countries as approved by the European Commission or the UK Information Commissioner Office as providing adequate level of data protection, or enter into agreements ensuring an adequate level of data protection and which include legally approved data transfer mechanisms (such as the EU Standard Contractual Clauses and/or the UK Data Transfer Addendum).
How Do We Safeguard Your Personal Information?
We take great care in implementing and maintaining the security of your Personal Information. We employ industry standard procedures to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of your data, safety of your Personal Information, and prevent unauthorized use of any such information.
Changes to the Policy
Autobrains Technologies Ltd. is the controller of Personal Information under the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR“).
Autobrains AI Technologies GmbH
Pasteurstraße 18, 10407 Berlin, Germany